Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is a beauty cult favourite. Most people love it and see it as a staple in their skincare routine (me included). I’ve used Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair for years, but honestly it’s quite expensive so I wanted to see if there was a cheaper alternative out there. Have I found a dupe?
What Estee Lauder says about the Advanced Night Repair Serum, “reveal a smoother, more radiant, younger look. Wake up to more beautiful skin every day. Tested and proven: Advanced Night Repair dramatically reduces the look of all key signs of ageing.”
- $95 for 30ml
- The texture is a little gluggy and thick, not too watery
- No distinct smell
- I apply a whole dropper full which is about a pea size amount to my face
- Absorbs nicely into the skin and a perfect base for my evening moisturiser
- I find this adds the perfect amount of hydration and improves the overall look and feel of my skin
- I haven’t noticed the anti-ageing benefits as I’m only 25…..
What Antipodes says about the Skin Brightening Serum*, “a water-based serum to help target pigmentation, brighten your skin and restore even tone. Waiwera mineral-blessed water helps restore essential moisture while delivering antioxidant-rich Vinanza Performance Plus® to help reduce the effects of over production of melanin causing pigmentation. Vinanza Oxifend® defends skin cells from oxidative stress helping reduce skin redness. Kiwifruit exfoliating enzyme renews your skin for true fresh-faced beauty.”
- $58.99 for 30ml
- Certified organic
- There is a very distinct natural smell, I can’t pin point it but it is familiar
- It has a watery texture and looks browny orange, however dries with a tiny hint of orange if I use a whole dropper….
- Absorbs really quickly and has a tacky feeling
- Can be used morning and night
- When I use it in the morning I use about half a dropper amount, mainly because I’m scared it will leave an orange tint. Also it works fine under makeup….
- As an evening serum I apply a whole dropper full topped off with a face oil and moisturiser
- When I use this serum with other whitening/ brightening products I notice that my skin is brighter
- The serum is not overly hydrating, you need a face oil for added hydration
All in all they are both great products, but the Antipodes Skin Brightening Serum is not a dupe for the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum. If considering purchasing these products, think about what your skincare concerns are. If you’re after brightening then Antipodes is the one to go for. If you’re after an all-rounder serum, that’s hydrating and anti-ageing then Estee Lauder is the winner.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!