Whitening and brightening skincare really seems to be “on trend” at the moment. I feel like there are so many options out there that it can be difficult to know what product is right for your needs. So hopefully my reviews of whitening and brightening skincare helps you!
The latest addition is the Elemis White Brightening Even Tone Cleanser. What Elemis says about the cleanser, “this brightening, foaming cleanser gently removes impurities, reduces excess oil and reveals a super-clean and mattified complexion. The unique ELEMIS Brightening Complex of Daisy, encapsulated Vitamin C, Sophora and Kiwi extracts target the appearance of skin discolouration and age spots. Skin is left smoother, brighter and naturally illuminated.”
- Retails at $95 for 50ml (sure ain’t cheap)
- This is a foam cleanser but quite different from other foam cleansers I’ve tried (Boots Optiva Cleanser and Go-To Skincare Properly Clean, click on the links for reviews of each)
- The foam is quite dense, not as liquidy as the other foam cleansers I’ve tried
- Becuase it’s quite dense in texture you need to use less, I tend to use 2 pumps which doesn’t look like much but definitely does the job
- I’ve used this morning and nightas a cleanser
- As a morning cleanser its great to freshen up the skin for the day and for a night cleanser its amazing at removing all last traces of make up without stripping your skin of its natural oils
- Its lightly fragrant, hard to pin point the scent but reminds me of a floral scent…
- This would be suitable for all skin types, its not drying and its not overly hydrating
Overall I really enjoyed using this cleanser, it truly does feel like a luxurious cleanser. Bae also fell in love with the cleanser, loving the texture and feel. However I should mention I didn’t notice any whitening benefits, but I think its because I didn’t use the other whitening products from the range such as the Even Tone Lotion. I think if you used the lotion as well you would get the full whitening and brightening effects of the products.I should note though, when I used this cleanser with other brightening products such as the Antipodes Brightening Serum and Go-To-Skincare Face Hero, my skin was noticeably brighter and glowier the following morning.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Coco-Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Inulin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Water, Glycerin, Linalool, Sucrose Dilaurate, Myrocarpus Fastigiatus (Cabreuva) Oil, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin) Oil, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Phenethyl Alcohol, p-Anisic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Sorbic Acid, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Dextran, Nonapeptide-1.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!