There seems to be an evolution in spot treatments moving away from the topical spot cream to a spot sticker. I was recently provided the Brite Organix Spot Medic* and the Dream Dots* which are both very similar, spot treatment stickers that you apply directly to the blemish. But do these spot stickers work?
What Brite says about Spot Medic, “Spot Medic is a hydrocolloid mask designed to help blemishes fast. New to the market, the mini gel plasters create a barrier between you and your spot and can work overnight in a bid to eliminate pimples and reduce swelling.”
- Retails for $9.95 for a packet of 36 adhesive masks, available from Priceline, Coles and Woolworths
- PETA certified and vegan
- You need to hold it for 30 seconds to ensure it sticks on well
- Throughout the night I think the outside of the mask started to peel up
- My blemish didn’t turn white overnight as it suggested on the packaging
- The following day I found my blemish had reduced about 50% in size
What Dream Dots say, “Dream Dots is an absorbent overnight patch treatment, designed to calm and treat unwanted breakouts. It is 100% waterproof, breathable, bio-compatible and suitable for all skin types. When Dream Dots come in contact with the blemish, it absorbs the spot fluid. The patch swells and turns white overnight, resulting in a visible reduction in redness and inflammation when removed in the morning.”
- Retails for $19.99 per box of 24 patches, available from Terry White Chemists
- Completely invisible, Bae didn’t even know I was wearing something on my blemish
- I found these super sticky, it didn’t come off during the night and I had to feel around in the morning to make sure it was still on (which it was)
- My blemish didn’t turn white overnight
- When I woke up my blemish had decreased 30 to 40%
Personally both spot stickers weren’t amazing for me, I much prefer using Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. However I should mention, when I get a blemish they’re big stubborn ones. I think if you get small, sporadic blemishes then this could be beneficial for you.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!