I think it’s fair to say everyone is obsessed with all of Becca’s highlighting products. I’m a bit late on the bandwagon, only recently trying out Becca Opal and now Becca’s Backlight Priming Filter* from www.activeskin.com.au
If you haven’t heard about Activeskin, you need to check out their website! Activeskin is the place to go for all your beauty needs. They have so many great brands such as Becca, Alpha H, Dermalogica and at really reasonable prices. The Becca Backlight Priming Filter is normally $65 but you can get it from Activeskin for $50.50 that’s a saving of $14.95!!! Also they deliver super quick, typically my orders arrive within 24 hours which is so freaking good!
Activeskin are about to celebrate their 10th Birthday and are offering some great gifts with purchase and other treats! So if you haven’t checked them out then this is the time! Some of the great gifts with purchase they’ve offered in the past include full size body cream, gift bags worth over $150 and samples of new products…
Onto the review of the Becca Primer!
How to Apply the Becca Backlight Priming Filter*?
- I apply one pump full which is about a pea size all over my face using my hands
- I don’t allow it to dry as it dries quite quickly and can make it difficult to blend foundation on top
- I then apply my foundation quite quickly, either liquid or powder
- If I’m wearing liquid foundation I will finish off with powder as that’s my normal routine
- You need to work quickly with your foundation once you apply this primer, you don’t want to allow it to sink in otherwise it’s difficult to blend your foundation in
- When it’s first applied to my skin I feel it creates a white cast, but it doesn’t make my foundation look lighter once applied
- Creates a beautiful light luminosity, think of glow from within
- Not over the top glowy, very subtle
- I have oily skin and this is the perfect primer to create a glow but not make me oily
- When I use the Becca Primer, liquid foundation and powder it can easily last 6 hours before shine comes through
Here’s a comparison of the Becca Backlight Priming Filter to MAC Strobe Cream and Loreal Lumi Magique Base Primer. Click here for a full review of the MAC Strobe Cream.
Overall I’m really impressed with the Becca Backlight Priming Filter* and I’m even more happier that it was cheaper on Activeskin! I think I need to pick up the Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation next from Activeskin (you save $16.56, crazy!).
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!