I feel like the MAC Strobe Cream is doing the rounds again, it’s been rejuvenated and revisited since so many people are after that glowy effect. But is it really worth the hype?
How to Apply MAC Strobe Cream?
- Can apply as a primer, all over
- Can apply on the high points of your face, ie. Cheeckbones
- Can mix with base products, foundation, BB cream, tinted moisturier
- Can use as a liquid highlighter
- I prefer applying it as an all over primer or mixing it with my base products
- Because I have oily/ combination skin I still have to powder so I tend to loose the glowy effect
- I feel it does still give a slight glow from within look
- Doesn’t prolong my makeup, but doesn’t make it slip off
- Some people have said when they use this as a primer or mix with their base products they break out. Personally that has not happened to me. However I think quite a few people have a tendency to break out from MAC base products….
- Retails at $55 for 50ml or $15 for 30ml
Personally I’m not a lover of this product, I don’t think it’s worth the hype. I think there’s plenty of great alternatives such as the Lóreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer or the Becca Backlight Priming Filter (review coming shortly). If you are interested in trying MAC Strobe Cream, I recommend asking for sample, trying in store or buying the small travel size.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!