Everyone and their dog are raving about chia seeds so now I’ve jumped on the bandwagon. Chia seeds are a great form of protein which means you feel more full. Here’s a quick and easy (yet yummy) breakfast recipe that you can prepare a head of time.
- Chia Seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Muesli- Half a cup
- Milk- Half a cup
- Frozen berries (Optional)
- Honey (Optional)
- Start off by getting your cup and filling it with muesli. I use Carmen’s Classic Fruit & Nut Muesli.
- Then add in your berries. About 5- 10 are enough and frozen berries are perfect for this.
- Add in some honey if you have a sweet tooth.
- Throw in your chia seeds. Don’t get carried away, I’ll tell you why below.
- Fill up your cup with milk so that all the ingredients are covered and about 1 cm extra.
- Then stir all together and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes or so.
- After 10 minutes give it a good stir and leave in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. I usually do it the day/ night before so it’s good to go the next morning.
When you’re about to eat it give it a good stir and add in more honey if required. I mentioned not to get carried away with the chia seeds as it can have a laxative effect. If you have chia seeds too much I personally have noticed I’ve needed the toilet more. Apologies for the TMI.
Happy cooking! It’s not a difficult recipe and it’s great to do in advance.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!