If you’re a long time follower of the blog you’ll know that I can’t purchase drugstore foundations in Australia, they don’t have my colour 😦
Lucky for me when I was in India I was able to pick up the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation! As I have oily skin I decided to try the Matte + Poreless one. In Australia the foundation range comes in 6 shades and retails for $18.95. On a side note they also have the matching powder and concealer (the concealer is surprisingly awesome, I love the wand, quite creamy and moisturising, great colour match and staying power).
How to apply Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation:
- I give the bottle a good shake then put a dot of foundation on my chin, cheeks, nose and forehead
- I blend it in using a damp Beauty Blender
- I typically need a bit more coverage in blemish prone or acne scarred areas so I’ll apply an extra dot in those places and blend away
- Light to medium coverage
- Semi matte finish- I still prime and powder
- Takes a little while to blend in but sits well throughout the day
- Great staying power! I notice a bit of shine in the t-zone around the 6 hour mark
- Photographs beautifully
Below you can see it covers up blemishes and scarring quite well. I have some acne scarring on my chin but its covered it quite well with two layers of foundation and no concealer. You can also see a small blemish peaking through near my nose to the right. Overall it still provides decent coverage for a light to medium foundation.
I think this is a great foundation for gals with oily, combo or normal skin with clear skin. If you have a lot of scarring or are blemish prone this foundation may not provide you with the coverage you need. Personally I’m so happy with the coverage and will be wearing it regularly to work!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!