The drugstore is upping their game by relaunching a lot of their foundations with new formulas. This month Rimmel has relaunched their Match Perfection Foundation* and introduced a new primer, the Fix and Protect Primer*.
- It’s quite a liquidy texture and a little goes a long way
- It creates a slight white cast when blended into the skin, but doesn’t alter the final colour of the foundation
- Does not blur pores or imperfections
- Works well with the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, but not that good with other foundations
- Doesn’t provide makeup longevity
How to Apply the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation:
- The photo above shows how the foundation looks when applied with a the Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- The bottom photos shows how the foundation looks when applied with a damp Beauty Blender
- I prefer the finish of the Beauty Blender
- I apply about 1-2 pumps to create a medium to full coverage finish (1 pump is quite a lot of product)
- Poor colour selection, only 5 shades. However with the technology used to create this foundation, it’s meant to adapt to your skin colour. I tend to agree with this, because the darkest shade is a bit light for me but once blended it its not too obviously light on me….
- This foundation is more on the full coverage spectrum
- Applies and blends beautifully
- Photographs brilliantly (as good as some of my high end foundations)
- Lasts well throughout the day. Around the 4 hour mark a few oils peak through. By 5-6 hours its starts to separate on my chin and mouth area
- Works well with the Rimmel Fix and Protect Primer, but I prefer it with Benefit Professional
Overall really impressed with the foundation but the primer is a massive miss. Keep in mind I have oily skin so I need a primer that’s going to keep the oils at bay. To pick up these new release Rimmel products make sure to check out your local Priceline or chemist.
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!