What’s cooking good looking?
Well, on today’s menu its all about chicken and mushroom. If you don’t like mushroom then keep on walking, this is a mushroom heavy dish. This is one of my favourite dishes to eat when I want a cheat meal.
Serving: 2- 4
- 250g button mushrooms (1 punnet)
- 2 small brown onions
- Fresh or dried thyme
- 80g pancetta
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup thickened cream
1. Start off by slicing all the mushrooms, onions and dicing the pancetta and chicken breast. Be warned cutting up the ingredients takes a while…
2. Heat some oil in a deep, wide fry pan and cook the onions, thyme (or mixed herbs), pancetta and salt for about 3 minutes. You want the onions to wilt a bit and get some colour.
3. Then add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown.
4. Remove the mushrooms, onions and pancetta onto a plate and set aside.
5. Add a bit more oil into the pan and brown the chicken. Once the chicken has been browned return the mushrooms etc into the pan.
6. Then add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard seed (totally optional).
7. After about a minute add the white, making sure to scrap the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
8. Add salt and pepper and make sure to turn the chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for about 5 minutes.
9. Remove the lid and add the cream and continue to simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce has thickened.
10. And then you’re done! This is one of Bae’s favourite meals I cook for him. I usually serve it with mash with steamed veggies and pour the chicken and mushroom over the top.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!