If you’re an avid beauty aficionado you would have seen Makeup Geek eyeshadows everywhere. There are approximately 76 eyeshadow shades plus their 20 foiled eyeshadows. The Makeup Geek eyeshadows are considered to be a dupe for MAC eyeshadows at a quarter of the price. Makeup Geek eyeshadow retail at $5.99 each and the foiled eyeshadows at $9.99.
Normal Eyeshadows– Overall Thoughts:
- The colour selection is overwhelming!
- I selected mainly matte colours and have been super impressed with the pigmentation
- They have a beautiful buttery texture
- When you dip the brush into the pan a lot of excess comes off however there is no fall out when applying it to the lid
- They blend beautifully and effortlessly into the crease
- I’ve been obsessed over Crème Brule and Cocoa Bear
Foiled Eyeshadows– Overall Thoughts:
- As the name suggests, these eyeshadows create a foiled looking effect
- Think high pigmentation, glossy, shiny and glittery without the glitter
- The best way to apply these eyeshadows is to first start off with your crease colour then apply the foiled eyeshadow with your finger
- For a less intense look you can apply the eyeshadow with a flat shader brush
Overall I’ve been really impressed with the Makeup Geek eyeshadows. Personally I think they are just as good and possibly some shades being better than MAC eyeshadows. It can be difficult to select shades without seeing them in person but if you google swatches it will really helps the decision making process. Delivery to Australia can be a bit on the pricey side however I was lucky enough to get free delivery so make sure to check out their Instagram page @makeupgeekcosmetics. Also I picked up one of their makeup brushes, the Eyeshadow Small Crease Brush and it’s amazing! Tag me in your Makeup Geek purchases, I’d love to see what you bought!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!