I asked on Instagram what foundation you’d like to be reviewed next and many wanted a review of MAC Face and Body, so here it is.
MAC Face and Body is available in 13 shades in Australia (possibly more in the States). It’s also available in two sizes, a 50ml bottle ($49) which is great for your everyday makeup lover or 120ml ($60) if you’re a makeup artist.
- Give the foundation a good shake as its water based
- I prefer to apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Expert Face Brush
- I apply a bit more than a 5 cents piece onto my foundation brush and buff into the skin
- If I need more coverage I apply another layer
- Light to medium
- I’ve never built it up further than medium coverage, however loads of makeup artists say you can build it to full coverage
- Because it is quite light coverage, this foundation is more suitable for clear skin
- Dewy- satin finish (can look really oily at first, but it needs a moment to set)
- I always prime with Innoxa Pore Vanishing Cream or Benefit Porefessional
- Powder is a must with this foundation as you can look oily when it’s first applied
- Around the 5 hour mark I notice my oils coming through on my nose and chin area
- Foundation does not separate throughout the day
I didn’t like the foundation when my skin was playing up. Recently my skin has been clear so I’ve been loving this foundation as it looks like skin but better. This foundation is great for people with clear skin (sorry to those that may get offended, but I’m being honest) and people that prefer to wear light coverage foundations.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!