Winged liner can be hard but it doesn’t have to be. After watching Amelia Liana’s sticky note trick to create the perfect winged, I decided to adapt with sticky tape (as it’s cheaper) and low and behold I can now create the perfect wing!
What you need:
- Sticky tape
- Eyeliner- I love the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner
- Eyeliner brush- either angled or pointed eyeliner brush (I used the Sigma EO5 Eyeliner Brush)
- Bioderma and cotton tips (not essential, but helpful)
Now to the sticky tape!
- First apply 2 short pieces of stick tape to the back of your hand, then remove and apply to your eyes. The reason why I apply it first to the back of my hand is to remove most of the stickness, so when you remove from your face it won’t pull on your delicate eye area.
- Apply the tape in the desired place. I like to line it up from the end of my eyelid pointing towards the end of my eyebrows.
- Check that both are aligned.
- Use a gel eyeliner (Maybelline is my preference, however mine is very dried out at the moment) or felt tip liner (the stick tape technique doesn’t work as well). I start from the wing at the most out part that I want my wing to end. I then drag the brush to the middle then inner eye. Continue to build length and thickness until you are happy!
- Once you have finished, slowly pull away the sticky tape from the face.
- You may need to use your foundation brush or eyeshadow blending brush to blend the edges. Biorderma on cotton tip also helps to tidy up any edges.
- Finish off with eyeliner for the waterline and mascara. For the below look I used MAC Woodwink eyeshadow as my base, a tiny bit of Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude in the waterline and Maybelline Falsies Mascara.
Update: I still use the sticky tape method when doing a wing!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!