Here’s a review of the beauty cult favourite, L’Oreal True Match Foundation. But is it worth the hype?
In Australia L’Oreal True Match is available in 10 shades and sorted by cool, warm and neutral tones. Great selection, but not dark enough for me (luckily in America I was able to pick up my shade!). At Priceline it retails for $29.95, however L’Oreal is often on discount. If you pick it up in Australia it comes with a pump, however the American does not however retails at $9.
How to apply L’Oreal True Match?
- Because there is no pump I have to dot the product all over my face- about a dot on the forehead, each cheek, nose and chin (in Australia this foundation comes with a pump)
- I blend the foundation with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, Beauty Blender or my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is quite dense
- My preferred method is with the sponge. I make sure the sponge is damp with water and using a bouncing motion I push the sponge on my face to blend the foundation in
- If I need more coverage I add a few more dots and repeat
- Medium- but easily buildable
- Covers most discolouration and blemishes
- Satin finish
- I’m oily so I always prime. I use the Benefit Porefessional or Innoxa Skin Perfect Pore Vanishing Cream if I want it to last all day or Loreal Lumi Magique Primer if I want extra glow and will not be wearing my makeup all day
- I don’t always powder, depends on how long I need it to last and if I want a little shine
- If I powder I use Ben Nye Banana Powder or MAC Studio Careblend Powder if I need more coverage
- At the 4-5 hour mark my oils start to show through when I’m wearing minimal powder
I really like this foundation! I find it provides the perfect amount of coverage for every day at work. I don’t wear this on days/nights when I need my makeup to last all day as I’m quite oily and would be worried that I’d be too shiny. This foundation photographs beautifully, as you can see above. I highly recommend, just make sure to try the colours before purchasing.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!