Every time I went to MAC to buy a pro palette they were sold out, 8 single eye shadows later I needed a solution. I finally got my hands on a pro palette and have depotted the single eyeshadows into one palette. Here’s how I did it…
What you need:
- MAC Pro Palette Large Single or Duo (I bought the single, which means eyeshadow is only on one side)
- MAC Pro Palette Eyeshadow x15 Insert
- Old knife, small not too sharp
- Eyebrow tweezers
- Hair straightener
- Single Eyeshadows
- And your patience….
1. Decide the layout of your eyeshadows in the palette
2. Turn on your hair straightener to the highest heat
3. Select your first eyeshadow, and using your knife insert it into the crack and slowly wedge it open. Don’t force it, gently wiggle until it pops out.
4. The eyeshadow will now be separate from the bigger plastic container. Place the eyeshadow directly onto the metal plate of the hair straightener and leave for 1 minute.
5. After a minute remove from the hair straighter, you may need to use the tweezers as it will be hot. You will see the metal pan has slightly moved away from the plastic sides, and insert the knife to wedge it in and pop it out. Take your time as you don’t want to damage your eyeshadow like I did! Patience is key…
6. Once it has been depotted, immediately place in the palette. That way you are able to use the glue that was used to keep the eyeshadow in the individual pot.
7. With the empty eyeshadow shell, place it on the hair straightener for 30 seconds.
8. Remove it off the hair straightener, and using the knife slowly peel off the sticker.
9. Place the sticker on the back of the eyeshadow insert so you will always know the correct name.
10. Snap the eyeshadow insert into the palette, and you’re all done!
With the empty plastic containers, snap them back together and you are able to return them as part of the back to MAC program. The back to MAC program requires 6 empty MAC products and you get a free lipstick!
Check out this video if you need further instructions, I found it so helpful!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!