If you’ve been a regular follower of the blog you’ll know I’m a lover of glycolic acid. For those of you new to the realms of acids let me quickly explain. There are types of acids for skincare; AHAs and BHAs.
AHAs help promote the turnover of new skin cells and include glycolic acid, lactic acid. BHAs include salicylic acid and is recommended for oily and acne prone skin.
I have oily/ combination skin and find that salicylic acid isn’t strong enough to help with any blemishes however glycolic acid is noticeably more effective on my skin. Here’s a review of Alpha H Liquid Gold so you’re able to compare and see which product is suitable for your needs.
About the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads:
- You get 60 pre moistened pads in a tub
- They contain glycolic acid to retexture and resurface the skin
- They contact hyaluronic acid to moisturise and refresh the skin
- Can be used morning and night
- Retails for approximately $29.95
How to use:
- Remove makeup and cleanse skin (Here’s my evening skincare routine)
- Using one of the wipes, I wipe over my dry face and neck and leave to dry
- If you have oily skin they recommend not to moisturise but if you have normal or dry skin you can moisturise, I recommend after a minute to allow the acid to absorb
- Note: I only use the wipes at night as glycolic acid makes your skin sensitive to the sun. Make sure to apply sunscreen the following day (but you should be wearing it every day anyway).
The results are great and very similar to the other 2 glycolic acid products I use as mentioned above. I wouldn’t say it was my favourite and if I was to rank them it would be as follows; Alpha H Liquid Gold, John Plunketts Glyco Peel followed by Nib + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads. By no means is this a bad product I just find the other 2 more active and I get better results. On the plus side, these products are pre moistened and you only need the one wipe as opposed to a 2 step acid wipe process. Another plus is the price, only $29.95 for 60 pads! I would still recommend this product for those looking at exploring into exfoliating acids without the hefty price tag. The Nib + Fab Glycolic Fix Pads are available from Target, Asos and from their website.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Disodium EDTA, Globularia Alypum (Blue Daisy) Extract, Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!