When I was in the states I picked up this beauty favourite, raved by bloggers all over the world. Now that you can finally pick it up in Sephora Australia I thought I’d share my views. It’s also available from some speciality makeup stores which are open to the public, however I recommend to try before you buy. Makeup Forever HD Foundation has 26 shades so I’m sure there is a shade for everyone (ok almost everyone) and it retails for approximately $AUD62.
- I start off applying one pump on the back my hand
- Then using my damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, I load up the sponge with the product then push it into my skin
- I tend to use 2- 3 pumps to get the desired coverage (you need less when applying with a brush)
- Using the sponge in a bouncing motion I am able to blend the foundation
- I’ve also applied this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which is great but you need to use your fingers after to blend in the product
- Medium to full coverage
- Covers all discolouration and most blemishes (in the second photo you’ll see a blemish peaking through)
- Satin finish with a glow
- Photographs beautifully!
- I use the Benefit Porefessional and Innoxa Skin Perfecting Vanishing Cream to prime my skin
- If I’m only going to wear it for a couple of hours I won’t powder my face as I like the glow
- If I am powdering I use the Innoxa Skin Perfecting BB Powder 5 in 1 which separates the foundation after 4-5 hours. But if I use my MAC Studio Careblend Powder the foundation lasts longer and does not separate
- At the 5-6 hour mark my oils start to show through when I’m wearing no powder
- While it photographs flawlessly in person after a couple of hours it starts to separate
I really like this foundation mainly for photographing but I wouldn’t recommend it as a day to day foundation. I find the finish comparable to the Loreal True Match Foundation but less dewy. I typically wear this foundation on a night out or when I’m going to take loads of photos. I really like this foundation and would recommend for people that like fuller coverage foundation and have combo/ normal or dry skin. However if this foundation doesn’t work for you I recommend trying the Loreal True Match or Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!