Rimmel is one of my favourite drugstore brands and are totally on fire this year with new products! Today I bring to you a quick review of some of their new products.
- Comes in 3 shades; Very Light, Light and Medium
- 9 in 1 BB Cream; primes, smooths, conceals, moisturises, minimises the appearance of pores, awaken and illuminates the skin whilst creating natural coverage with a radiant finish
- I tried out the Medium shade which was too light, however I can say it provides medium coverage very similar to my Smashbox BB Cream (if it was in my shade I would totally wear it every day!)
- The best way to apply would be with your fingers or a blending brush, a beauty sponge does not work as the formula is quite thick
- Definitely has a radiant glow without being oily
- The Radiance BB Cream retails at $12.95 and is available in stores now (currently $10 at Priceline)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Dual Finish 25 HR Powder*
- Comes in 4 shades; 01 Light Porcelain, 02 Soft Beige, 03 Silky Beige and 05 Warm Honey
- The powder is said to; be used wet or dry, buildable and adjustable coverage and can last up to 25 hours
- I tried out the shade 05 Warm Honey which is a little light for me but I can make it work
- The moment I applied this over the BB Cream, OMG! My pores disappeared! It truly created a flawless finish
- I find it comparable to the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, however provides more coverage
- Throughout the day my natural oils peak through, but overall my foundation is still in tact
- The Lasting Finish Powder retails at $17.95 (what a bargain for those results!) and is available in stores now (however not online…)
Below is the powder applied on top of the BB Cream with some blush. While in the photo it doesn’t look there is much difference, when I applied it I noticed instantly that it evened out my skin and blurred pores. I can’t rate this powder enough, just buy it already 🙂
- Comes in 4 shades; Atomic Rose, Meteoric Matte, Orange-Ology and Burning Lava
- The Apoocalips Matte Lip Velvet is; a liquid lipstick with a mousse-like texture that quickly sets to a unique velvety matte finish with a soft-focus effect
- I tried out Meteoric Matte, pictured above, which you can see is not quite a matte finish
- I still love the finish and colour and find it easy to apply
- To create more of a matte finish I recommend blotting with a tissue and giving it a couple of minutes to dry
- The Apoocalips Matte Lip Velvet retails at $15.95 and are available in stores now
- This is the first mascara from Kate Moss and not a bad first attempt
- The wand is unique, in the shape of a broken heart, enabling you to catch every lash
- Its jet black but still easy enough to remove at the end of the night
- I find it adds length but not volume
- The ScandalEyes Mascara retails at $16.95 and is available in stores now
*This product has been provided for reviewing purposes, all views and opinions are 100% honest.
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!