You would have seen these beauties pop up quite a bit on your Instagram feed. The Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencils are a new release and are in stores now! I picked up 2 at the Priceline 40% off makeup sale and recently picked up a third lip pencil which is a preview into my thoughts…
With the swatches below all are without a lip liner.
- Retails at $9.99 however you can pick them up on sale at Priceline, Coles etc….
- The three I own all have a satin finish on the lips
- Easy and smooth to apply
- Relatively long lasting and has a staining effect
- Really hydrating on the lips
- Great colour selection
- The only down side is with the bright colours, they bleed a bit after wear, however it’s not noticeable from far away
- I’ve tried them with a lip liner and have had no issues
For $9.99 you can’t go wrong! The lip pencils are comparable to the NARS Velvet Lip Pencils, which I have 2 of. I find the NARS pencils are a lot drier on the lips, so Maybelline you’ve definitely won this battle!
**Disclaimer: All opinions are based on personal experiences, and are not sponsored. rachelbeautystyle is not a make up artist, beauty or skincare specialist and will not be held liable for any recommendations. Therefore try at your own risk.
New posts every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday!