Last week I bought to you a drugstore work makeup look, and today it’s all about highend makeup! It’s also a bit of a first impressions as I tried out a lot of new products in this makeup look.
1. IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Illumination- Rich
For this look I didn’t apply a primer first, however I typically use Benefit Porefessional. To apply the CC Cream I use a damp beauty blender to push the product in. Full review coming at the end of the week.
2. Cover FX Cover Click-N30*
I didn’t expect much from this, but OMG I’m in love with it. I used this as a concealer under my eyes to highlight and cover dark circles. I found the concealer to be surprisingly creamy but still set nicely.
3. Benefit Brow Zing- Medium
4. NARS Bronzer- Casino
5. Hourglass Ambient Blush-Radiant Magenta
6. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish- Soft and Gentle
7. IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials*
For the eyes, I started off by applying the shade Passion all over the lid. In the crease I applied Intrigue and brought it down to the lash line in a V motion. I also used the remaining product on my lower lash line and smoked it out quite a bit. For some added definition I applied the shade Allure to my top last line using an angled brush. Allure is an interesting shade, it’s a dark matte navy blue however looks almost black on the eyes.
To finish off the eyes I applied the IT Cosmetics Super Hero* mascara, which was surprisingly good. The tip with this mascara is to make sure to apply most of it at the roots of the lashes.
For 2017 I’m focusing on my health and wellness! So, what that really means is I’m making sure I eat well, drink loads of water, and work out regularly. With this goal in mind, The Beauty Chef products tick so many boxes! The Beauty Chef focuses on beauty from within, so basically if you have a clean gut you’ll have beautiful skin! I love that philosophy as its everything I agree with. I’ve been lucky enough to try a few of their Inner Beauty products and I wanted to share my thoughts with you all.
About Glow Advanced Inner Beauty Powder*
- I have the original Glow Powder and it looks like they only sell the Advanced formula now, so I can’t comment on the difference
- Retails for $59.95 which should be enough for approximately 30 servings. I swear I’ve used it more than 30 times!
- Certified organic ingredients
- Natural probiotic, which is perfect for your gut health!
- You can mix it with your water or smoothie. Personally, I mix it with my smoothie
- I didn’t expect it to taste nice and was pleasantly surprised! Its quiet sweet which is nice when mixed in with my banana and berry smoothie
- By including the Glow Powder in my daily smoothies, I feel full in the morning, less bloated and my skin is slowly clearing up
“Taking Glow Inner Beauty Powder to the next level is GLOW ADVANCED, a new and improved bio-fermented super-food beauty blend with more antioxidants, more minerals, more vitamins and extra probiotics designed to improve gut health and enhance the skin from the inside out.”
Have you heard of the Makeup Eraser? Maybe you’ve seen their pink cloth that claims to remove makeup with just water? I heard a bit of hype around the cloth last year but never got around to trying it. Lucky for me I was gifted one! So does the Makeup Eraser* work?
About the Makeup Eraser*:
- First off, it doesn’t say how it actually works, ie. what technology is used or if there are chemicals. It’s all a bit vague which concerns me.
- Retails for $32 AUD from Sephora Australia
- Machine washable
“Reusable and incredibly soft against the skin, the Makeup Eraser is every makeup lover’s best friend. All it takes is warm water to wash away the day—even waterproof eyeliner and mascara or stage makeup! Each cloth lasts up to a thousand washes. Its soft, woven polyester blend gets rid of touch makeup without leaving behind residue.”